Friday, December 28, 2007

The Caballero Family


Following the week of Sam's surgery, my brother and sister-in-law, Steve and Kelly, came and took Ethan home with them to Delhi for four days so I could be at work and Sam could recover a little easier. As much as we missed Ethan, this turned out to be a big blessing for us. Sam cannot lift more than 10 pounds or bend very well, so lifting Ethan is out of the question! (Please keep Sam in your prayers as he is still recovering and is in so much pain - I still declare God is in control!)

Kelly is not just the most wonderful sis-in-law ever, but I truly consider her my very own sister and best friend. I have to give her some special recognition for the tremendous help she has been to me these past couple of days.

Steve, Kelly and the kids arrived at our home on Christmas morning and she worked non-stop ever since. Yesterday and today, she helped me sort through Ethan's clothes, buy and put together a closet organizer for the boys' room since they will be sharing, move furniture (she moved a whole armoire by herself!) put together Ethan's toddler bed and took down my Christmas ornaments off the tree!

She did all of this while I not only had a house full of family, but our kids needed constant attention AND she helped my brother with the organization of the Reality Conference this week! She is superwoman!

I can't say thank you enough to this lovely lady for being such a blessing to me. She is truly a jewel, and I am so thankful she is part of my family.

Speaking of family, I can't close this post without posting a little about my brother, Steve. I mentioned before that there are several changes going on in my own home, but Steve and Kelly have had a few of their own this year.

First of all, the Caballeros have accepted the challenge to start a home missions work in San Rafael. You can visit their website here. They put their newly remodeled home up for sale, and have temporarily relocated to Kelly's parents' home in Delhi until they can raise their funds to go to San Rafael. Twice a month they have been traveling to San Rafael for Sunday services. This is not only an exciting time in their lives, but also an extreme challenge of their faith. I know God is going to greatly use them and shine His face upon them for their sacrifice. Please remember to say a little prayer for them as they travel through this journey in their lives.

In May of 2007, Steve was also voted in as Youth President of the Western District. Even though many changes are taking place within our organization and district, I believe God placed him in this position for a reason and couldn't be more proud of him. No way am I bragging at all - If you only knew where God brought us from to where we are today it's truly a miracle! God has poured out His grace and mercy upon us from the time we were small children living with our mom in an apartment complex full of Holy Ghost filled saints from East Valley Pentecostal Church. God surely has a big plans for Steve's life, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for this precious family of mine.

Steve, Kelly, Mia and Micah - I love you! You mean so much to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moni; I just finished reading your blog. I am touched, and holding back tears. I love you guys so much! I wish I could do so much more for you! We are so blessed to have you guys! You are always an encouragement, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your sis...Kelly

Monica Hassas said...

Thanks, Kell! love ya

 
Clicky Web Analytics