Friday, February 22, 2008

Yes, I'm Alive!


It's been a little over three weeks since Jon-Paul was born and I am just now starting to feel a little like myself again. I am very sleep deprived, but am thankful that I am recovering much quicker than expected. A new post is in order!

Sam gave Jon-Paul his first haircut. He is just a tiny little baby, but you just would not believe all the hair he had. I thought I might be able to stick a few barrettes in his hair to hold it out of his eyes. (kidding) He is still so beautiful, but with a lot less hair!

The pics above were taken this morning of both boys. Nope, these are not Sam's wonderful pictures. They were taken by moi with my cheap little camera. I'm sure my husband will have a heart attack when he sees them. Sam needed a small break from snapping pictures since this morning he went in for three epidural steroid injections for his continuing back problems. Poor guy came home after the procedure in much pain and went right to bed. Please pray with me that these injections will work wonders and he will not require that second surgery. I think Sam and I have been cut up enough the past two months to last us a lifetime!

This Sunday I will finally attend church with Jon-Paul! I feel like I haven't been there forever! I have made a point to watch live services online while I have been recovering, and am so thankful for that. Nothing compares to actually being in the house of God though, and I am so looking forward to it.

Our annual Ladies Conference is currently taking place in Visalia this weekend. I am so bummed that I have to miss out this year. Those that are attending I am sure will be greatly blessed. Kelly, my SIL, is there with her sister and I hope they are having a wonderful time!

I will be sure to post a little more often as time permits. I feel like I am changing diapers and feeding all day long. It would be nice to comb my hair once in a while. That is exactly why there are no pictures of me posted. Eeek!

6 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Precious Precious Precious. Your boys are adorable. I'll have Kellee hug them for me. Glad to hear that you are up and about. Take care. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica! This is Des, I got your blog address from Lisa's blog site. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy...he's so sweet! I thinks it's so neat that you are able to blog, I've enjoyed catching up with you and your family via your blog...check out my family's website when you have a free moment at http://familylobby.com/thegutierrezfamilywebsite. It's not as up-to-date or as elaborate as a blog, but it's all I'd like to manage right now...I love yours though!
Take care my dear, luv ya!

Des

Anonymous said...

Sister Monica, seeing your baby boy in person last night does not do the pictures justice. He is PERFECT! Wow! What a blessing. We are so glad for you and brother Sam. You kindly offered to let me hold him and I was too paranoid. I will take you up on it next time! KSJ

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

So cute! Good to hear from you. It will all fall into place and God is there. I'm glad you feel better than you expected, it's always a good surprise.

Carol Connell said...

Hi Monica,

Your pictures of the kids are beautiful! God has blessed you with two handsome boys. Glad you're starting to feel like yourself again. It seems like it takes a little longer to get back to normal after the second baby. At least, it did for me. Sorry to hear about Sam being in pain. We will pray that these injections will work and that he will not need another surgery. Take care and looking forward to seeing more pictures in the future.

Love,
Sister Connell

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Monica on addition #2! Oh, and don't let your husband stifle your creativity with your 'little camera'. It's all about capturing the moment! :)

- Angela C.

 
Clicky Web Analytics